June 17, 2015
10:30 am - 4:00 pm
The day will begin at Goddards at 10:30am with coffee and a talk by Margaret Richardson, author of Sketches by Sir Edwin Landseer Lutyens OM, entitled “Learning to simplify: Lutyens’s early work from 1889 -1896”.
Margaret will be talking about the evolution of Lutyens’s early buildings which include the Gardener’s cottage at Littleworth Cross, Crooksbury, Hoe Farm, Munstead Place, The Red House Effingham, Ruckmans, The Hut and Munstead Wood – as well as others. After lunch at Goddards (12.30) members will be able to visit the following properties: Munstead Place (arriving at 2.30); Munstead Corner and The Hut, where Vicky French (who owns The Hut) will talk about the restoration of the building. The day will finish at approx. 4pm.